DIY: SOCK BUN CURLS

by - September 13, 2012

So as you know I have revamped my blog, I love NEW YORK CITY, never been but my dream is to be there and I know in time it will happen so I thoughT I might as well portray my dream through my blog. What do you think of the new look, something to keep or not?

Anyway, back to the beauty DIY, I absolutely love curls and body in my hair so I came across this simple step-by-step DIY "SOCK BUN CURLS".


 All you need:
Old sock
Scissors
Hair Band
Hair Spray/hair product
 
How to: 
1) Put a little hair product in your hair before you roll it up. I used a little bit of light-hold spray gel over my damp hair and it definitely made the curls last longer.
2) Use a child sized sock for a tighter fit.
3) Use two socks! Cut two socks like she shows in the video. After you’ve rolled your hair into the sock bun, pull the other sock over the entire bun. This will keep all of your hair in place and prevent it from falling out and frizzing while you sleep.
4) Don’t worry about covering the entire sock.
5) Practice! It will take a few times to sort of figure out the rhythm of rolling your hair into the sock. Go slowly and make sure your ends are tucked in nicely or they will look weirdly crimped. If you have layers, you’ll have to pull them into the bun as you go.

Watch the tutorial here if you still unsure on what to do.
Super simple, no heat! Try it and let me know if it worked for you.

Simô 

You May Also Like

2 COMMENTS

  1. This is a great idea! I do it from time to time, and I get very nice and natural curls!
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for the comment :-) I still have to try these curls hehe it look cool and natural that is why I liked it :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your beautiful words!!
xoxxo